Electro-Harmonix has unveiled the Superego+, a new pedal that builds on the synthesis platform of the Superego Synth Engine and adds an array of new features.
From the company: The Superego+ springboards off the Superego’s ability to create synth effects, sound layers, glissandos, infinite sustain and more with the addition of a complete effects section featuring 11 effect types, an EXP input for effect parameter control plus an EXT jack for a three-button controller.
The Superego+ is equipped with the following effects:
• DETUNE: pitch detune, EXP pedal controls pitch
• DELAY: warm, analog sounding delay, feedback is preset, EXP controls delay time up to 2 seconds
• ECHO: pristine digital delay, feedback is preset, EXP pedal controls delay time up to 2 seconds
• FLANGE: Electric Mistress style w/filter matrix, rate and feedback. EXP pedal controls rate
• PHASE: Small Stone style phase shifting with rate and depth control. EXP controls rate
• MOD: pitch-based vibrato or chorus. EXP controls rate
• ROTARY: rotary speaker style sound. Depth controls tweeter/horn balance. EXP pedal controls rate
• TREM 1: sine wave tremolo. EXP controls rate
• TREM 2: square wave tremolo. EXP controls rate
• PITCH: pitch shifting effect over a +/- one octave range. EXP controls whammy
• FILTER: resonant low-pass filter. EXP pedal controls frequency.
The pedal’s user interface provides exceptional control and flexibility. The Superego+ is equipped with Dry, Effect, Attack, Decay, Threshold, Layer and Gliss knobs, plus Rate and Depth knobs for the Effects Section. Four foot-switchable Freeze modes: Moment, Sustain, Auto and Latch, plus a Live Effects mode where the dry signal is routed thru the built-in effects and the internal synth engine is disabled, are also included.
The polyphonic Superego+ works with guitar as well as other instruments including bass, keyboards, vocals, drums, etc. The pedal is available now, comes equipped with an EHX 9.6DC-200 AC Adaptor and features a U.S. Street Price of $250.
For more information, visit ehx.com.
Electro-Harmonix Unveils Superego+ Synth Engine/Multi-Effect Pedal
Source: Guitar World